Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, the event „Weichselmünde 1734” has been canceled. Thank you all for your support.
Wisłoujście 1734 is the fifth edition of the event organized by us, this time after „Wisłoujście 1577” we are moving to the realities of the 18th century, precisely: Defending polish king by Gdańsk and the attack on the Wisłoujście Fortress. An important part of the spectacle reflecting successive events of the history of the Wisłoujście Fortress is reenactment of the atmosphere and culture of old Gdańsk.
The entire reenactment event will take place in the Wisłoujście Fortress – a branch of the Gdańsk Museum. A unique example of the naval fortress of the first half of the 17th century.
Since 2016, we try to unite the enthusiasts of the reenactment groups not only from from Poland. In last years the United Kingdom, Finland, Ukraine, Czech Republic and Spain have already participated.
Communication via Facebook:
Information for reenactors:
- 3-5 (Friday-Sunday) July 2020; You can come a few days earlier and leave later;
- On Friday (3 July) there will be a parade of participants in the old part of the city (we provide transport), on Saturday (4 VII) battle and educational activities.
- Dating clothing and equipment: 1690-1750.
- We offer accommodation:
- In your own tents on the bastions of the fort. We do not provide tents.
- In barracks. The rooms are empty, you can arrange them according to your own idea. Accommodation will be held in groups (several people per room) based on applications in the registration form
- For those who plan to present workshops or other activities available for tourists, single-storey tenement houses will be offered
4. Wood and hay will be available in fortress. There is one fireplace in the courtyard of the Fort. Firing up the next is possible on portable fireplaces and with the consent of the organizer.
5. In the Fort there is a toilet with washbasins. In addition, from July 1st (Wednesday) to July 6th (Monday) a sanitary container with showers and washbasins will be available.
6. During the battle, we provide pyrotechnics and supplies for musketeers. It will be necessary to familiarize yourself with the safety rules.
7. Possibility of participation of small sailing vessels during the event.
8. Payment: 200 reservations for 100 PLN / person are foreseen; Condition: adult only (18 years old minimum) full participation in the program of the event on Friday (3th July) and Saturday (4th July) and active participation, i.e. if the character is not involved in the battlefield, then he helps in cooking or running workshops.
9. Meals: we provide meals from the field kitchen on Friday afternoon, Saturday morning and products for the saturday evening feast. In addition, water for the duration of the parade in the city and during the battle.
Event Registration (list closed)
The main organizer of the event is the Gdańsk Museum
Co-organizer: Projekt Wisłoujście, Garnizon Gdańsk, Garnizon Fortecy Częstochowskiej, Regiment Pieszy Koronny Królewicza
the representative of the organizer and the main coordinator is:
Maciej Flis, tel. +48 512418731